Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Sunday, September 19, 2010

dimsum at -Imperial Jade Sichuan- @Plaza Indonesia mall, Jakarta

I went to -Imperial Jade Sichuan- again yesterday to try on their dim sum. I ordered 8 dim sum varieties (I actually want some more but my stomach probably won't tolerate it haha)


The first one to came is this "fried seafood roll / lumpia seafood goreng". This one tasted kinda weird for me, because the ingredients I think includes fruit other than seafood. So, it's sweet and sour for the filling. But, still tolerable to eat I guess.


Then, the "egg tart". I always ordered one of this out of dim sum menu because this is my favorite dim sum sweets =). This one is heavenly! The skin is soft and crunchy but doesn't crumble easily. The filling is really soft and taste just right! Love itttt!


This might be the best "shrimp dumpling / hakau" in Jakarta. The shrimp is huge and crunchy in texture, the skin is thin so it's easy to chew off.


The "fried turnip cake" is alright. It's fragrant but doesn't really have the crunchiness I wanted out of a turnip cake =). But, it's still good to try. They have the steamed version to this turnip cake if you prefer less oily =)


"Fried shrimp dumpling"! Yummie! Hehe, they added some greens that add fragrance into this dumpling, and like the hakau, the shrimp they use is huge and crunchy. So it's really juicy in the inside but crunchy on the outside. Perfect =). It's too bad the mayonnaise sauce is not that good.


This one is "fried shrimp in tofu skin". I noticed that when you ordered the fried dimsum here, you have to prepare to roll them on tissue first, because it's really oily. This one has that huge shrimp filling and fragrant greens inside the tofu skin. I prefer the dumpling version, though =)


This "siew mai" is great! This one used chicken meat though, not pork (I bet if they make the pork version, it's even greater in taste hahaha). It's crunchy in texture and really juicy. Really good!


My mom ordered this one because in the picture she saw that they served it like swan figure. When it came out like the usual "fried taro dumpling", she's kind of dissapointed hahaha. She said, "apparently, the swan's head already cut off before serving" hahaha. But this "fried taro dumpling" is really good =). The outside is real crispy and the taro is thin so there's lots of room for the filling =).

Overall, I'm really satisfied with the dim sum and this probably is one of my favorite dim sum place from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)