Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Monday, September 6, 2010

-Table 8- @Mulia Hotel, Senayan Area, Jakarta


I went to -Table 8- restaurant at Mulia Hotel last weekend. It served ala carte or buffet. I chose buffet for this visit.


First, I get some dim sum. "Gyoza", "carrot cake", "siew mai', "ha kau". The dim sum is really good, the gyoza is really fragrant and the meat is moist and rich in flavor, the carrot cake has fragrance from dried shrimp, siew mai is tasty and chewy in a good way, ha kau has that crunchiness from the shrimps inside. Just remember to ask for re-heat for the fried dim sum, so you're not eating it cold.

This is beef steak with mushroom sauce and clam with marinara sauce. The beef is really good! It's really succulent and not chewy at all, it's not like eating meat at all! They have mushroom sauce and black pepper sauce served. I personally like the mushroom sauce better. The clam is OK, nothing special from it.


The duck is moist and rich in taste but the skin is not crispy. Since I like duck with crispy skin, I kind of disappointed with this one. The taste of the meat is good, though. If you're a fan of duck, I would still recommend this one.


They served lots of desserts variation. These 2 are mango pudding and yam pudding. The yam pudding has yam cubes in it, so you got the crunchiness from it. The taste is kind of too sweet for me, but I like the yam flavor. The mango pudding is soft in texture but not too sweet, so I like this mango pudding better.

Overall, this -Table 8- restaurant is good and the quality of the food is worth the price but nothing really special about it in my opinion. But, if you're craving for a good beef steak and some dim sum and you're really hungry, I would recommend to eat the buffet here.

2 comments:

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)