Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Monday, June 13, 2011

sweets from Singapore

1. Ji Xiang Ang Ku Kueh (Everton Park)

I like this ang ku kueh from Ji Xiang at Everton Park, Singapore. The skin is really thin and not gamey at all. Even after a day, the skin still so soft and nice. They have many varieties of taste, for example: mung bean, ground nuts, yam. Sometime they even have seasonal taste like: cempedak or durian.

I love their yam. My other families love their durian. But, durian is seasonal, so it's hard to get them.

This pics are of the ground nuts (red) and yam (purple)











2. Swiss Rolls @Kandahar Street

They sell Swiss rolls with different taste. I bought the durian and coffee. They also sell kaya, vanilla, etc. You can really taste the durian and coffee in them. The roll itself is soft and moist. :D



3. Dragon's beard & Coconut cake @Wisma Atria, Orchard

I've been looking for this dragon's beard for a long time. Usually, uncles sells them around Chinatown, but now I can't seem to find them there. When I was walking in Wisma Atria food court, I found them in one of the stall :D

Dragon's beard are made out of sugar. They are pulled, twisted and turned into white strings just like noodle. And inside of the white strings are ground nuts with sugar. It's like some sort of sugar candy :)

Coconut cake is made out of steamed shredded coconut and brown sugar. In Indonesia, we usually called them kue Putu. But in Singapore, they made it into flower shape. I like the Indonesian version better. This one is more dry and doesn't have the fragrance like the Indonesian one. Or I just bought it at wrong place? :P












4. At the airport, I craved for something sweet. So, I bought chocolate doughnut @ Starbucks. It taste quiet nice. It's full of chocolate and on the outside it's glazed with sugar. Yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)