Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Friday, January 20, 2012

Biji salak @ Muara Karang area


It's a dessert called "biji salak" from Indonesia. It's made from sweet potato and flour, I think. The best biji salak I ever had is from this small restaurant in Muara Karang area. They also sell "gado-gado" a dish from vegetables served with peanut sauce.

The picture is from that small restaurant's biji salak. The flavor is really rich of coconut milk and shredded coconut, while the brown sugar have the right sweetness for me. The biji salak is not too soft, yet not too chewy. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)