Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

CNY dinner @ home :D



Oh my, 4 persons eating 12 portions of food. hahaha amazing ... Hope with this, comes abundance of health and wealth into my home and family. :)

First dish would be the very nice pork spring rolls with bamboo shoot. The crispiness of the skin and the juiciness of the pork... Nobody could resist it...

Second, would be the shark fin soup with crab meat and crab roe... Yummy! Add some black vinegar into it just the way I like it. 

Number 3 would be sea cucumber, cooked in chicken soup. The sea cucumber is soft and melting in my mouth hihi 

4th is fried ngohiang. This year I tried to put big chunks of water chestnut instead of grate them. It makes the ngohiang kind of soggy because we didn't dried them properly :( 


5th! The hong ba! Nyam2 ... the meat and the mushroom is juicy and the squid add some flavor into them. Too bad this time the sauce that comes with it is soooo little that it doesn't taste as good as usual. 

6th is tanghun. It's a sort of rice vermicelli It's stir fried with shrimp. It signifies long strand of prosperity :)


7th fried shrimp then stir fried with butter and sweet soysauce. Shrimp signifies laughter and happiness that will come into the family.


 8th stir fried dried-scallop with egg. It is said that scallop signifies to bear a son soon. Haha , I don't think it have anything to do with my family, except if my sister having another son soon, hahaha.

9th is abalone and mushroom cooked in chicken soup. My favorite seafood :)

10th is hand made pork sausages in pork broth. 

11th is vegetable stir-fry with fried bbq pork. Yummy!

Another dish is just a plain vegetable stir fry, which makes it 12 dishes in total... Hahaha but of course we didn't finish it in one go, we're not that savage :D 

The bottom point is ... Delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)