Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Thursday, September 16, 2010

-Imperial Jade Sichuan- again =p @Plaza Indonesia mall, Jakarta

Yep, I went to this restaurant twice in a row. Hahaha, this time I went with my father and mother, and chose the live seafood menu to get 50% on them using Citi card.


First, we order the "drunken shrimp". It brought out to us raw, so we can see it still alive. Then, they pour the shrimps with some cooking wine and they shake the container real hard and put it on small stove (they also add in sliced garlic, leek and chili) in front of us. In a large spoon, he pour more wine and lit it with fire, then he dip the spoon into the container, so there's fire inside the stove too (see pic 2).

The shrimp is really fragrance from the aroma of the wine. I ate it with the sliced garlic which add spicy and more aroma into it. Delicious!


Then the "crab with oyster sauce" came out. We ordered the male one because my mom like the puffy and soft meat on the male crab. The female crab tend to be fuller and more chewy. It's a matter of preference. If you like the soft meat of the male crab, you will love this dish. The meat is so soft, when you bite into it, it kind of like melt in your mouth. It's finger-licking great!


This one is "steamed scallop with garlic". They put some clear noodle, sliced leek and crushed garlic on top of the scallop and steamed it. The sauce has the salty taste from soy sauce and fragrance from the garlic. The texture is soft and juicy. I loved it!


Then, the "clam with tauco sauce". They also put some clear noodle and sliced leek into it. But this one used tauco sauce instead of garlic. The tauco sauce gave it salty and fragrance, the texture is also juicy. Yummm!


Dessert time! I ordered "glutinous rice balls black sesame filling with ginger soup". The ginger soup has a distinct sweet taste and aroma I just can't tell what it's from. The skin of glutinous rice balls is really soft and the black sesame filling is just great!


My mom ordered "durian pudding". The pudding texture is soft but not too soft. The durian flavor is really rich! It's like eating the durian itself. If you love durian, you just gotta try this one =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)