Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Sunday, September 26, 2010

-Medan Baru- Padang restaurant @Krekot area, Jakarta




I went to "Medan Baru" Padang restaurant couple days ago. It's located in Krekot area.

This is the second time I've been to this restaurant. The first time I want to try something special in this restaurant, but they didn't have it anymore that day. So, I went again and finally I got to try the "marijuana chili sauce". Yep, it's said that the chili sauce contains marijuana in it. The taste is kind of sour like young mango, nothing spicy about it at all, doesn't taste weird or anything, and no side effect after that, too. Awww... Well, at least I tried =P

They have 4 varieties of chicken (at least that I know of!), they got rendang, gulai, deep-fried and grilled.


OK, this is weird. The first time I came to this restaurant all the chicken is really good. But, today, the grilled one is cold like it came out of the refrigerator and the gulai kind of bland in taste.

The restaurant was having a blackout that day. Every couple mins the electricity went down so there's no light for some time and we have to stop eating because it's pitch black inside haha.

Really dissapointed!

If you decide to try them, they are famous for their "fish head" dish other than the chicken and that "sambel ganja/marijuana chili sauce".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)