Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Monday, September 13, 2010

-Imperial Jade Sichuan- @Plaza Indonesia mall, Jakarta


I ordered "jellyfish" as the appetizer. When I saw it the first time, my thought is "looks bland". When I tasted it, wow, I'm so wrong. The texture is really crunchy but not chewy, the taste is not spicy like the usual jellyfish dish you found at Chinese restaurant but salty and savory. I include this restaurant to my top Chinese restaurant just from this dish alone =). (This is my first visit for this restaurant)




Then the "shark-fin soup with crab meat". Lovely! The crab meat is cleaned really good so I don't get any pesky shell. The meat is also soft and in big chunks. The shark-fin is also soft but still crunchy, so it's really good. As you can see on the second picture of the soup, the shark fin is cut into good size so you can savor them. The taste is not too much so you can enjoy the taste of the shark-fin and crab meat fully.


I forgot to take picture before I cut it into half. So, this is only half portion of the original hehe. This is "abalone with sea cucumber". This one is just OK. The sea cucumber is too soft and the abalone is kind of chewy although it has great flavor into it.


And, last we ordered "kueh Malay". My mom been looking for this dim sum sweets in many Chinese restaurant recently. She said that back in her days, she always love this cake, she called it "Malay Gao". So, when she finally saw it in the menu of this restaurant, she actually got a really happy face like she found a treasure chest hahaha. So, we ordered one because I'm wondering what it's like. My mom said usually it has palm sugar taste into this cake, but this one doesn't have it. It's a really soft cake and not too sweet, so for me that's good =D. It has the aroma of egg in my opinion.

I will definitely be back to this restaurant to try the dim sum soon. They are having 50% discount with Citi card for live seafood dishes everyday or for dim sum only on Sat, Sun and public holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)