Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Sunday, September 19, 2010

"oxtail soup/sup buntut and dessert" Bogor Cafe @Pacific Place Mall, Jakarta

I went to Pacific Place mall couple days ago to eat this "Soup Buntut or Oxtail Soup" at Bogor Cafe (branch from Borobudur Hotel. This mall is actually quite far from my place compared to the hotel itself. But, the price for this dish is cheaper at this mall hehe. Also in this mall you got a choice of small, medium or legendary size, while in the hotel you only got 1 choice. The taste is the same, though =)

This "oxtail soup" from Bogor Cafe is the best I had so far. The soup is really refreshing and the meat is really soft. The dish include rice and chips we called "emping" (it's made from belinjo). I usually dip the chips into the soup just before I bite it, so I still have a lil bit of crunch from it and the refreshing taste from the soup.

If you like "oxtail soup" and haven't try this one, you have to!


For the dessert, I try this "grilled banana with coconut ice cream". The banana is grilled then drizzled with liquid palm sugar. The banana's texture is not too soft, it still has a bit of crunchiness into it which I think is good, and it's not too sweet so the palm sugar complement it real good! The best part of this dessert for me is the ice cream though. The coconut ice cream is not soft in texture, it's crunchy but rich in coconut taste. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)