Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Monday, September 6, 2010

-Imperial Wok- @Pantai Indah Kapuk, Pluit area, Jakarta

I went to Pantai Indah Kapuk at Pluit area 2 days ago and tried -Imperial Wok- restaurant for the first time. It's located above -Fresh Market- inside PIK area and I went to this market often, but the restaurant just never appealed much to me. But, yesterday, I just thought, "since I'm in the area, why not?"


I ordered cold dish of "spicy jellyfish" for my appetizer. It's kind of bland in taste, but the texture of the jellyfish is really good. I added more chili oil to this to give it more taste. Overall, I like it but just gotta put more taste into it to suit your tastebud =)


Since this restaurant having a discount of 50% if one of the customer is older than 50 years old (bring your ID card) for a minimum of Rp. 250,000 (food only, does not include dim sum menu), I ordered duck to go. But, they need to serve it on the table first and I just need to tell them to put it on a box after I finished eating. So, I steal one from the plate to taste it. It's really good! The skin is crispy, but still have a little fat into it so it's not too dry. The meat is really tasty and moist.


This is "spicy beef with broccoli". It's average, the taste is spicy and salty but the beef is not that good. Nothing special about this dish.


The "deep-fried soft shell crab with salted egg" is superb! It has that salty and rich taste from the salted egg that covering the soft shell crab. It's also spicy good! The soft shell crab is fried to perfect crispiness. I recommend this dish!!


For the dessert, I had this "durian pancake". The pancake is soft and thin and the filling is not too sweet, so this dessert tasted real nice for me.

Overall, this restaurant has great food. I will come back to this restaurant to try other food and maybe some dim sum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)