Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Sunday, September 26, 2010

sagurangi and col enak dessert @ Bogor


I went to Bogor again last Friday. I stopped by that "ronde" stall at Jalan Suryakencana again and bought this "sagurangi" dessert. It's made out of yam chunks, palm sugar, sago, and coconut milk.

The yam chunks is not too chewy but not too soft either, so it's really good in texture. The sweetness from palm sugar is not too much which is good =). The sago is kind of lumpy, which is supposed to be in this dessert. The coconut milk is fragrance and rich in flavor. So, mix them together and you get a great dessert named "sagurangi".

I even bought one home and eat it the next day, it's still so good! You just got to put the coconut milk in a bowl and don't cover it with anything. It will stay good for a day =)


Not too far from this ronde stall (turn left at Jalan Roda), there's a small stall selling "col enak" dessert. This dessert made out of fermented cassava and banana topped with young coconut meat and palm sugar then poured with coconut milk.

The banana and fermented cassava has already been grilled so it's really fragrant. The sweetness even though looks like too sweet with all that palm sugar, it's not. It's just right! The young coconut meat and fermented cassava is soft in texture while the banana is kind of chewy to balance it. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)