Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Friday, September 10, 2010

"wedang ronde" and "combro" @Jl. SuryaKencana, Bogor

I went to Bogor yesterday because there's no traffic jam I got there within 30mins only =D so nice! But, soon after I arrived, it's raining heavily. So, on out way to a Chinese restaurant, we passed my favorite dessert stall at Jalan SuryaKencana, Bogor. So, we decided to stop a bit to eat the "wedang ronde". Eating "wedang ronde" when it's raining is really good because "wedang ronde" is made from ginger and it's served hot so it complement the cold weather =D



This is the "wedang ronde". The soup is what we called "wedang" is made out of ginger extract, water and palm sugar. The filling of the soup is what we called "ronde" is from glutinous rice flour made into balls. There's 2 kind of "ronde" in this one bowl, there's the big one with ground peanuts filling and there's the small one with no filling at all.

They also sell great "sagurangi" (a dessert made out of yam and sago) and "bubur jali" (a dessert made out of jali, kind of like rice but round). I think they also sell "sweet black glutinous soup" and "mung bean soup".


Then I ordered "combro" from the next stall. This "combro" is the best I ate so far! The skin is not too thick, it's crispy outside and really moist inside. The filling is also full of oncom and the spiciness is great. It also has the dried shrimp flavor into it so it's really fragrant. Love it! My mouth just started to salivated from thinking about it right now hahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)