Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Java noodle / mie jawa @lembang, bandung


I usually don't like Indonesian style fried noodle because it's usually really sweet. But, I love this "Java noodle (or mie jawa)" at my friend's cafe in Bandung. The cafe doesn't have name on it but it has "Mie Jawa" writings and "NN cookies" plank outside. It's really close to Kampung Daun, Bandung. When you walked out of Kampung Daun, you will see it immediately after another cafe (second cafe on the right). When you walked in, there should be a cupboard that sells clothes and snacks. To the right is 2 tables and a house. If you go around back, is the guest house where you can pay to stay the night.

They also provide room for stay over. It's a really nice place to stay the night, since it's located at Lembang area, so you can feel the breezy weather. And, eating the "Java noodle" while it's still hot, makes it perfect.

I always asked for crushed chili though to add spiciness into the noodle. The noodle itself is a lil chewy, perfect to my liking, and the sweetness is just right.

Other than this, my friend also like their "bakmoy rice (nasi bakmoy)" and "fried rice". Oh, I also ordered fried banana for dessert, I forgot to take a pic, tho. The banana is nice and tangy. The texture is crispy outside and really soft inside. It's sprinkled with powder sugar. Yummy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)