Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Monday, March 7, 2011

kopitiam @ GI



I went to kopitiam @Grand Indo couple days after they just launched. It was a really bad experience for me. I ordered the combo kaya toast (with fries, weird combo), coffee/tea, and egg.

The kaya toast is average at best. The butter is too thick so it felt yucky because it's just too much butter. The french fries is bland in taste and the texture is just so-so, you can easily make one from frozen fries and might come out better than this.

I ordered ice tea, they served me hot tea.

I ordered half boiled egg. It came out almost raw! I told the servant about it, they took it to the kitchen, and I sat around 15 - 20 mins before it came out again, still in the same bowl, and no change from the almost raw egg. I end up not touching that at all.

It's still alright if the service is ok. But the service is weird, too. I dine alone in a two seats table. A servant should serve your food on your side of table, but no, they served my meal on the other side of the table. I have to reach out to the end of the table, and pull the plate toward my side. Then, they forgot to give me dining utensils, when I asked for it, the same thing happened. They just sort of throw them on the other side of the table, not even bother to put it in a good manner.

It's a big NO for me for this cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)