Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Monday, August 16, 2010

Sweets @ Pasar Baru, Jakarta

Today, my mom went to Pasar Baru and bought lots of foods. It sure is good to have all family members that just love good foods :p.


First is a cake called "bluder tape".It's a sponge cake type.

"Tape" is a fermented cassava. So, this is basically a fermented cassava cake. If you love fermented cassava, u gotta try this cake =)

The sweetness of this cake is just right in my opinion. Too bad, they don't have the "tape" in small cubes inside this cake, I think that would be even better, don't u think so?

This stall @Pasar Baru sells a lot of cakes, but the most popular one is this "bluder tape". Everytime I went there to buy some, I always have to wait 15-20mins for them to finish baking it. And, after I bought mine, there's always someone after me that have to wait for another batch hehe... Since, it's a small stall, they can only bake 1 pan each time. But, I think this stall's "bluder tape" is worth the wait!!!

Do you know other place that sell great "bluder tape"? If so, please tell me :D




Second is "klepon". "Klepon" is basically made of glutinous flour and the inside is liquid of palm sugar and then they are covered with shredded coconut.

I bought this one from -monami- cake shop @Pasar Baru branch.
Their klepon is not really consistent, sometime you got the good one, but other time it just so-so.
And today, I got the gooddddd one :D luckyyy meeee

What I meant with good one is the the skin of that glutinous flour supposed to be thin and chewy, not dry, so when you put the cake inside your mouth, and take the first bite, the palm sugar liquid supposed to burst into your mouth... The shredded coconut is like a supporting element to give it a little crunch.

Sometime, I got the one the palm sugar that's not liquid, so it doesn't burst, I just doesn't feel the fun on eating it when it doesn't do that!! And, other time I got the one with no filling, well I'm guessing human error hehe...

But, if you haven't try this dessert snack yet, -monami- is a good bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)