Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mie Titeh @home


After I went to fitness center (I need to work extra to get these foods off my body hahaha), I got home and "mie titeh" awaits me!!! (the calories probably bigger than my cycling exercise today =p)

"Mie titeh" is a dish that contains noodles in a broth and then you add ingredients like pork meat (usually the piggy feet part), shrimps, spinach, and the important parts are raw garlic bits and crushed hot peppers (the little green peppers). Without the garlic and hot pepper it's just not "mie titeh".

The first time I ate "mie titeh" was at Semarang, Indonesia. I got hooked right away. The garlic and hot pepper just really fragrance and I love the fresh taste out of it. Then, I found out that my mom can cook this. So, I sometime ask my mom to make it.

The pork usually pre-cooked with soy sauce and Chinese seasonings first. Then it's shredded ready to mix in with other ingredients. The spinach is already boiled, shrimps already pan-fried, too. So, the ingredients already cooked first then when you want to eat it, you just add things up into a bowl, then add the garlic and hot peppers then the broth. <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)