Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Steamboat Hay Thien @Mangga Besar, Jakarta



I love steamboat (or some call it sukiyaki or shabu-shabu). Me and my family often goes to -Hay Thien- restaurant for it. It's not too expensive and the taste is great. Lots of varieties and they also have the option to grill the foods instead of steamboat.

What I love to order in this restaurant as you can see is beef to enrich the stock, then mixed meatballs (squid, beef, fish and pork meatballs), squid, wonton, and tripe. Of course other than those, there are lots of other things you can order like fish, shrimp, egg, tofu, chicken, sea cucumber, fish maw, kidney, clam, mushroom,  pork, etc.

One girl will serve you from the boiling process and then put them on a big plate that contains sesame oil and last will give each of you a bowl of stock soup.

The chili sauce here is great. Not too spicy but it has a very special fragrant that I think is really compliment the food served here.

They also sell varieties of satay and dessert @Mangga Besar branch. Hay Thien have branches but I think the best one on taste and varieties is the one @Mangga Besar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)