Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

-Kwang Tung- restaurant @Pecenongan, Jakarta

Tonight, I was going to eat @Ekaria restaurant but there's some kind of company dinner going on over there so it's packed and I'll have to save that restaurant for later I guess =). So, we decided to go to another restaurant at Pecenongan area called Kwang Tung. I went to this restaurant once when I was sick because this restaurant mainly served congee but at that time I felt it was OK, probably since I was sick, my tastebud doesn't really accurate hahaha.

So, I went there and order a bowl of congee (for 3-4 people) and some dishes that goes with it.


Of course, the fried dough that we usually called "cakwe" or "yu tiao". There's 2 kind of "cakwe", there's the sweet one usually made into squares, and then the salty one made into long ones. This one is the salty already cut to pieces. The crispiness is enough and the saltiness also good, so I like this "cakwe"!


Then, the "century egg" or "thousand years egg" or I usually called it "Pi Dan" (it's not Indonesian but Mandarin language). It's seasoned with sesame oil so it doesn't stink, there's nothing special from this restaurant's "pi dan", it's texture is jelly-ish the middle is kinda firm like any other "pi dan". I just like eating congee with this egg =)


Then we ordered "fried egg with oysters". The taste is kind of sweet unlike other restaurant that usually cook it salty. They are not stingy on the oysters but the taste is so-so. I still think the one from -Tio Ciu- restaurant @Mangga Besar is best for this dish.


Last dish, we got the "scallop taosi". The taste is salty from the taosi (sauce made from soy bean), spicy from the red chili and fragrance from the scallions. The scallop is soft and cook real nice. This dish got a full recommendation from me! I absolutely love this dish. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)