Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Food & Snacks @Pasar Baru, Jakarta

Following from previous post about sweets @Pasar Baru, I move on to some snacks n food.




This is called "lemper". It contains glutinous rice and shredded chicken.

The taste is kinda chewy from the glutinous rice and the chicken is usually salty n sweet seasoned.

This one shaped kinda different from other "lemper" I ate before. It usually doesn't really squarish and thin like this. It's usually more of an oval shape and thick, but smaller. So, in portion, I would say it's more or less the same.

I also bought this "lemper" from -monami- cakeshop @Pasar Baru branch. I just love their "lemper"!!!




This one called "combro". The skin made of cassava and the inside is what we call "oncom". Oncom is a fermented food. Oncom has a good nutrient although it's molted in the process of making it.

"Combro" is fried, so the skin is supposed to be crispy but also moist in the inside because the skin is not really thin. The oncom filling is moist and usually spicy because they add chili in the mixture.
Sometime, they don't really mix the chili in the oncom, but instead they make a chili sauce so u have the option to have the non-chili version if you don't really like spicy.

I love my combro hot!!! (hot from chili and also just fried so it's still crispy) How about you?

I bought this combro @Pasar Baru, but the taste is so-so. I love the combro @Jalan Surya Kencana, Bogor, Indonesia. It's really crispy on the outside, the chili is just right and they added dried shrimp to the filling so it's more fragrance.






This one is  "lontong oncom". Yep, another oncom :p I love them haha... But, if you're not a fans of oncom, they have another filling for this one, it's potato. This "lontong" is basically a name of a rice that's covered in banana leaf. So, there's also the one with no filling at all, usually eaten with another dishes on the side. But for this one, I called it "lontong oncom" because the rice has filling and it's oncom.

This snack is steamed. The texture is soft and the taste is salty n a little bit spicy.

I usually eat this as a snack. But, my mom sometime eat it just like rice, so she add some dishes on the side.
Like today, she ate it with food below...




This is "gudeg nangka" (upper left), "telur bumbu gudeg" (upper right), and "lontong sayur".
(Nangka = jackfruit, telur = egg, bumbu = seasoning, sayur = vegetable)

"Gudeg nangka" is made of young jackfruit. The texture is kinda like meat that really been soften actually. So, sometime people mistake this for a meat. The taste is kind of sweet.

"Telur bumbu gudeg" is boiled egg and cooked with gudeg seasoning, so it's sweet in taste just like "gudeg nangka".

"Lontong sayur" may be called lontong but actually it's more of the vegetable soup. So, when I said "lontong sayur" it's just the vegetables made out of either chayote or papaya in a soup that contains coconut milk. Usually they sell either chicken or beef on the side, if you are the kind of person that just doesn't feel full enough without that meat (like I dooooo)

I bought this "lontong sayur" on one stall then bought the "gudeg nangka & telur bumbu gudeg" on the stall beside it (both @Pasar Baru). So, it doesn't really usually paired like this, but my family like it this way. Hehe.. Maybe u should try it sometime if u haven't =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)