Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Kue Ape / Kue Tete - Bogor in front of Mie Sahabat restaurant


"KUE APE / KUE TETE"

I'll start the blog with this dessert / snack. (or in my case the day I took this picture, as appetizer =P)
It's called "kue ape", but most Indonesians (at least, that I know of) called them "kue tete" which means "boobs cake" hehehe...
The texture of the centre is tender (but not like a sponge cake, it's more gooey than that). The texture of the outside border (brownish one) is thin and crispy.
The green color is made from "daun suji" mainly used for it's darker and intense green color. 
I always eat it from the outside to the centre because I like the tender part the most =) (save the best for the last!!)
Me myself like to buy this snack in front of -Mie Sahabat- restaurant @Jalan Jendral Sudirman No. 12, Bogor, Indonesia. (it's like 30mins-1hour from Jakarta). Sure, you can find them everywhere around Jakarta, but I think the one in front of this restaurant is the best when it comes to "kue ape" (because it's more fragrance and the border can be really thin, which means crispylicious)

Have u tried this cake?

3 comments:

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)