Yum Yum

Food is basic needs of our life and let's just say I'm a needy one on this category. I love good food! In this blog, I'd post pic of foods I dine in restaurants and tell what I think about them. I might also cook/bake sometime =)

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Putu Ayu"


The two you see only greens are "putu ayu" that's turned upside-down, so that green only would be the bottom of the "putu ayu". Some called this cake "putri ayu".

This cake is made out of flour, eggs, sugar, coconut milk, pandan leaf extract or pandan paste, and shredded coconut. The texture is soft just like sponge cake. I love this cake because it smells nice with a hint of pandan leaf and the coconut milk gives it a savory flavor into it. The top of "putu ayu/putri ayu", the white one, are actually shredded coconut, giving it a bit of salty flavor and crunch into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and leave a comment :)